Thursday, July 30, 2009

It's flashing before my eyes.

Day 25-July 25, 2009

Photoshop, my friend.

My brother and his fiance took their engagement photos today. I was obviously not in L.A. to take them, but I sure could play with them once I got them! I love the coloring I did on this one. It is super cool. They look so happy. I think my brother likes her. I like her too. Ingrid, you poor thing, in a few short months you'll be a part of the family. Love my brothers to death, but man it sure is fun to play at having a sister. So, I used a sepia tone first, and then used about 7 layers to smooth skin tone, add a filter overlay, brighten and add contrast, and in an effort to give it a more old timey feel, I made them look magazine ready in some contemporary ad. I'm still figuring it out. But, I actually really like the result. So, world, meet my brother's choice in an eternal companion. Ain't they cute?





Day 26-July 26, 2009

Artwork.

Church art makes me happy. Church art in the primary room makes me teary-eyed. God bless the little children. They truly are angels. They have no idea what is good or bad, they only really understand happy and sad, and don't know why. My little man is perfect. I can say that looking at him, because he really is perfect. He has no inclination toward evil. He just wants to please his momma and daddy. He wants to play and enjoy life. God bless the little children. They are gifts unto us. They help us grow up.

Runner up: A leg to stand on.

Running around with my boy during the last hour of church to get all his wiggles out, we visited our favorite stop in the hallway-the water fountain. Imagine my surprise when he pulled out the stool, climbed up to the spout, and asked for da der. He's grown so quickly. He does something new every day. I know my mother warned me, but daggonne kid. You're too smart for my own good.











Day 27-July 27, 2009

Malcolm's First.

I have to admit, I did not take this picture. But, because he is my son, and therefore a part of me, it counts. This is Mac's first photo. He is too observant and smart for his own good. Silly momma set the camera within arms reach, and when I turned around, he picked it up, pushed the on button, placed that camera right up next to his eye, and clicked a picture. This is eye level with my toddler. My flower pot on the end table in my living room. What a way to give some perspective. Life is what you make it, the world is all in how you see it. I love that the coaster looks huge in this shot compared to the flowerpot. I think it's become obvious that if he knows how to use it, I must take a lot of pictures.



Day 28-July 28, 2009

The Essentials.

Yay for another fun-filled day of going through a garage. I think that I am less motivated, because this time it's my garage. We are trying to get everything out of this "addition to the garage sort of screened in porch", so that we can tear it down. We had a lot of food storage and essentials out there. Well, now they are ever so neatly beginning to accumulate in our garage. So, I took a picture of the essentials. Water, and t.p. What more could a person ask for? Why in the world would that make picture of the day? Because it's toilet paper, people!





Runner up #1 I dubthee, blue paint. I did not notice that my lovely can of blue paint was knocked over before it went squish underfoot. So, I did not paint the roses red... I painted the grass blue.









Runner up #2 Dinner is served. I felt like bleu cheese. We had roast. We had garden fresh tomatoes. Y-Change told us to eat more nuts. Combine those three, and you get a great stuffed steak. I took the toothpicks out before serving... But it looked too cute with them in, so I had to snap a shot before the final presentation.









Day 29-July 29, 2009

When it rains, it pours.

When we went to the Botanical gardens late, after going to Y-change which was scheduled late, after my husband spent his sweet time getting ready, which made us leave the Y late, we went to the cafe for cool beverages, though we were already late, and then we took the long walk around to the W.o.W. for our "playdate". Though we arrived late, we did get to spend a couple minutes talking to our friends as they were packing up to go. Did I take any cute pictures of Malcolm trying to drink from all the water fountains? Yes, I did. Did I take any pictures of the beautiful blue sky? Yes I did. Did you know that in a matter of minutes, something so picturesque could turn into a torrential downpour? Welcome to the summer in Norfolk.

1 comment:

jen said...

Crazy weather! What is it with Colorado and Norfolk?? Silly sun.
I can't believe how grown up Malcolm is. It's official. I missed all of his baby year. :( At least you are good about updating his pictures. I love that he is already a little photographer in the making. Hmm...wonder where he got that from?