Saturday, July 4, 2009

365 Project

I am copying a friend of mine, in the pursuit of becoming a better photographer. I'm already feeling great about this, as I've deviated from the norm!
I am starting the 365 project. This is where you take a photo a day, and try to think outside of what you would normally shoot.
I'm sure that is a huge relief for those of you that are tired of seeing my kid on camera. I also think that I will take this opportunity to play more with photoshop, and see if I can't expand on my knowledge base there as well.
This is a great challenge, but I've already run into the problem of being able to pick just one photo. So be warned. I my go overboard at times, and there will be plenty of pictures.

Thus, my saga begins:

Day 1-July 1, 2009

Lemon Pie. This is scrumptous. I made this pie with the Hafer kids, hoping they would enjoy some baking... and oh, they did. We have a homemade graham cracker crust. We have homemade whipped topping. We have a lemon gelatine cooked up in the double boiler, and we also have the willpower to only eat one slice. I must admit, I am saving slice two for when I break my fast this evening.







Day 2-July 2, 2009

We have started going to the library every week. Our library of choice is Larchmont Library. They have this fun program for little children, and getting them used to the concept of reading. I took a photo of the mat that we gather round for circle time. I will admit that singing songs with Malcolm reminds me of my swim lesson days. Let me tell you, it is way more fun singing and being silly with your own child. After songtime, we read together, and then it's out with the toys! It is a quality half hour.






Day 3- July 3, 2009

Oh, the joys of seasonal cleaning. Since I got sick last year, Tim and I have been on a mission to declutter our lives. We've decluttered a lot... and are getting things in order. Hopefully by the end of the summer even the garage will look neat! But right now, I have to concentrate on turning Malcolm's new room from this... to something liveable. My crystal ball seems to say that it sees more painting in my future.

1 comment:

BeastDC said...

Wow, you take great photos. Photography is something that I always wanted to do. I think its great, keep it up.