Friday, July 24, 2009

I lost my week, but I got a lot done.

Day 19-July 19, 2009

I relish Sundays. I love Sundays not only for the mandated day of rest, but also for Sabbath activities. I love finding myself, week after week in the meditative ritual of the sacrament. I love finding the peace to reflect on my week, and my accomplishments and mistakes. (barring a sleepy toddler) I love the opportunity to serve my church in Sunday School. I love dressing up, with a place to go. It's not the same dressing up you do for work. This dressing up is fun, and meaningful. I love dressing up! This is a picture of me wearing my favorite skirt. I was called a clothes horse today. I must not wear many repeats to church. I do so love dressing up!




I also love naked babies. This was the cutest pic, I am glad I snapped it last minute.







Day 20-July 20, 2009

The time for fun is now! This is the week I lost to my in-laws garage. Monday began the assessment of the damage. I do not know how long it would have taken without my sister-in-law. I will admit, that through all the clutter, I found some amazing treasures. Old photos, negatives, and objects from another life, really put relatives together. These sorts of things help a person know where they've come from. Where their children have come from. Who knew that cleaning would rejuvenate my desire to find out our family tree? Mac was such a sport all week long. He really wants "down" so that he can ride all of the biiiiiies.



Even though this is my picture of the day, I think he received inspiration from our earlier visit to the cycle shop.








Day 21-July 21, 2009

Tim Otis is over 6 feet tall. I am barely over 5 feet tall. Tim Otis is a seasoned marathoner. I have completed one half marathon. What do you get when you combine th two at 5 a.m.? 9.5 miles in the slowest 90 minutes ever! Not the time, I mean me. I felt like the poor man was taking baby steps. I hope he enjoyed the run. I sure enjoyed the conversation. On the split back (which was negative I am proud to say!) the sun began to rise, and I found myself saying, I need to take a picture. Life imitates art every day. I like it!




Day 22-July 22, 2009

Did I mention that I spent much of this week cleaning out my in-laws garage? Amid the humidity and sweat, we did find time to relax. This is a stolen moment. Mac didn't used to like popsicles because of the cold. With 4 teeth coming in at the same time, he savored every lick. So did his danda.



I also got a shot with Mac's favorite "find"













Day 23-July 23, 2009

Phase 2 complete! Mac's new ceiling is done. The mural is being started. All I do is paint and clean, clean and pain.t Am I boring, or what?! My photo of the day is from the painting portion, though my husband got a great deal of pleasure from the cleaning portion. I found some old treasures.














Tim loved it!

So did his son :-)












Day 24-July 24, 2009

Phase 3 complete.

I am so OCD.

Yes, I stayed up until 1 a.m. to complete the mural.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to draw straight lines freehand?

The boat looks very basic, but it took me a lot of time.

A LOT of time.

2 comments:

jen said...

Kirsten, the boat looks awesome!!! Apparently I had no idea what you were talking about, but I really wouldn't count that boat as "basic". Look at all the freehand lines! Kudos to you! And kudos to you running 9.5! If only I were there...

Our family said...

I love your boat!! (I'm behind on my blog reading and trying to catch up... so I could end up commenting on an even older post next ;D)