Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's a jungle out there

Day 6-July 6, 2009

Mondays are days that I teach swimming lessons privately.

This Monday NO ONE was at the pool except us because it was FREEZING COLD. The pool is right off the bay, so that breeze from the ocean was great. Not to mention that it rained the previous two days, so that outdoor pool water was spring rain cool.

Did I mention it was cold? Mac was such a good sport.










Day 7, July 7, 2009

Today we did yard work!

It feels so good to have a backyard to play in, and to get some plants planted, and beds weeded. It would feel better if we had food to pick, but we plan on having that next year. With a little effort, there will be vegetables a plenty.

What I forgot about was the side yard. Every summer it turns into a jungle. This picture is with it whacked half to death. I need to get in there, rip it all up, and pave the sucker.

But, I am afraid. Very afraid.

No comments: