Saturday, July 18, 2009

I can't take just one...

Day 16-July 16, 2009

Magenta and Yellow mix to make what? Green! Enter my photo of the day. I have begun to paint, and since I am cheap, I perused the old paint we had in our garage. Imagine my surprise when I found two cans of the exact color I wanted that was left by the previous owner. So excited, I opened up the can, and was yet again surprised by the bright magenta film floating on the top. Now, I knew it had separated after sitting for who knows how many years... But really? So, somewhat trepidatious, I stirred, and stirred, and stirred. So you see the green starting to show through? Who knew? All of those years of art class have led me astray. I read the can label, and indeed it is correct. Magenta and yellow make green.




We are also house sitting for our friends the Haines. Every time I go to pick the beans from their garden, or do any good watering, Mac goes crazy trying to get the hose. So, I tried my best to show him how to water a plant, and then I went to my vegetable harvesting. This was too good a shot to pass up. So, even though I didn't have the good camera on me, if I've learned anything through the years, it's click before you lose the moment. So I pulled out my point and shoot, and low and behold, decent shot. I couldn't get a good macro of the bees on the flowers though. Tragedy.





Day 17-July 17, 2009

Phase one complete. I have been painting like a madwoman trying to get Malcolm's room ready before the end of the summer. You can see that my inspiration is the valance on the left. I love this shot, showing you where the three major colors intersect. I will show you updates as we go. There is much more to come. Sigh, no I am not done painting. Tim walked in and said "Wow, it's dark". *smile* Yes, yes it is. And I get so happy every time I walk in. I love that green. Oh, I love that green.




I also wanted to show you Malcolm sporting his converse shoes. He was being so helpful, because I "dropped" the lens cap. Thank you Mac!












Day 18-July 18, 2009

Bird Man. So, I am driving to the Y, on my way for some pool time with the family. There is a tow truck blocking the entire end of my street, blocking my normal exit. So, I cut down an alley to get one street over. I passed the funniest thing! There was an old man, parceling out bread crumbs on his sidewalk, with the pigeons eagerly awaiting their meal. As, I was laughing to myself, at the end of the alley I was thinking that would be a funny picture. A picture! So, I reversed most of the way back, and asked him if he minded me taking his picture. He of course asked why. I told him that I saw what he was doing, and it made me smile. He then smiled. He said he thinks the birds recognize him. Apparently he does this often. So, this is your view of said gentleman, if you look closely you will see the pigeons still waiting, with a trail of breadcrumbs on the sidewalk below. This picture totally beats any painting pictures, or pool pictures. This is the whole purpose of this great project. What an awesome stolen moment! Now, I will never forget.

No comments: