Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What feels like a week on the road

Day 30-July 30, 2009

Taking out the trash.

This was the final trash day from all that garage sorting out.

There was so much heavy stuff we had to carry to the street that we took out the big guns.

Danda thought it would be fun to take Mac for a ride.

He thought it was fun at first.

Then he realized he was being hauled like garbage.







Day 31-July 31, 2009

We decided that a good trip to our nation's capitol was in order. What is a good trip without some good snacks? I am in love with this shot.



But before we left, we all rested up for the long drive. While the adults were resting, Malcolm was wreaking havoc on the toilet. That is the whole roll of t.p. in there. Thank goodness he doesn't quite know how to flush yet.






Day 32-August 1, 2009

A tour of the mall.

We didn't really visit too many sites. In fact, my photo of the day was snapped on a whim. Tim's dad loved these flowers that were hung around the lamp posts. I snapped this while we were on the move, and think it's a neat shot. We spent a lot of time in the car, and then met up with some of the cousins. I always like the time I spend in D.C. In addition to the joy the temple brings, the sites never get old. There's so much to see.

There so much to be proud of.










Day 33-August 2, 2009

Shrimp is good.

I have been neglecting my eating, and have been snacking a lot this summer. I've been trying to do so much that I have forgotten some of my health goals. It was really nice to cook a scrumptuous dinner. Ravioli with homemade sauce, shrimp and asparagus. Despite all my running around and getting home late from our trip, dinner was relaxing and yummy.






Day 34-August 3, 2009

A traitor to New Balance.

I ran with Tim Otis again. Man, does it motivate me to move. I am so far behind in my marathon training. I got new shoes. I have always run in New Balances, but this time I was talked into these aesics cumulus gels by the sales man. I am not sure that they are my favorite after running about 30 miles in them... But they'll do. I am however, in love with my speed laces. Yeah triathlete laziness!






Day 35-August 4, 2009

Keys Please.

This is the new fascination. To and from the Y. In and out of the house. Straighten up at the Haines (whose house we have been sitting upon).

Open the door, close the door, lock the door, unlock the door.

"Momma, keys please."

What a great sentence to hear from your 16 month old.






Day 36-August 5, 2009

I lose.

Remember all of that healthy eating I was talking about before? Well, on my way home from the Aqua aerobics class we did this morning, Tim sprung for some good old fast food.

Supersize me?

I think not.

We don't eat out much, but when we do, it's obvious that we go for quality.

On a side note, Mac is finally moved into his room, after some great window demolition.

1 comment:

jen said...

oh my goodness! I've decided that I need to read these posts first and THEN talk to you on the phone!
What happend to Mac's window??
I really love that flower shot to. Yeah for whims.
You'll have to give me your yummy sauce recipe.
Ha Ha! I'm still laughing about the toilet paper.
Oh, I love how you say 30 miles like it's nothing.
Of all the people that get to "splurge" a little, it would be you, dear. You are a machine on a day to day basis! Seriously! You are living my goal with exercising! *sigh*
I miss you