Monday, August 17, 2009

We finally bought a harddrive that can support my habit.

Day 37-6 August, 2009

When you don't want to do anything else, then what do you do? You play! When you're too grumpy to play, what do you do? Take a bath! A nice relaxing and warm bath can soothe even the crankiest of toddlers. But, not before a lot of protest, pouty faces, and general complaining. Malcolm has started to have opinions, very strong opinions, and I wish I could understand what they are. He doesn't get very happy when I can't understand him.





Day 38-7 August, 2009

German Chocolate.

I love kinder eggs. Kids chocolate in Germany is way better than any chocolate we make here in the states. Our friends whose house we were sitting, brought us back many yummies. Not the least of these were kinder eggs. I mean "were" in a very literal sense. They did not last long. This was the neato toy that was in Malcolm's first egg. It's supposed to spin around when you throw it.




I also find it necessary to mention that this was a 10 mile running day. Not only was it a 10 mil running day, but I had the great privelage of pushing prince Malcolm the whole way. The sweet boy slept like this practically the whole way. I wish I were so special.
















Day 39-8 August, 2009

Company picnic.

Tim is fast approaching one year with Inmotion Webhosting. Oh, how the time flies. Today was company picnice day! I got a ton of great shots, but this is the mandatory "people stuffing their faces" shot. These were the fortunate two. After I took it, I even heard him say, "always when I'm eating!"






Day 40-9 August 2009

Sandbridge.

I love the summer. I love the beach. I love the waves. I love the nifty view. I love this picture. We had so much fun. Tim did have to tell me to put my camera down. I am such an addict. But I got a zillion hot shots! This is one of those days the photos speak for themselves.













Day 41-10 August 2009

We can't get enough!

Different day.

Different Beach.

Different pictures.

I'm in the shot this time, doesn't that make suffering through this long blog worth it?!







Day 42-11 August 2009

You are cordially invited...

So, I've been working on the invitations for my brother's wedding for some time now. This is a portion of them, post-stuffing. I worked on these like a madwoman. Deadlines drive me to extremes. I did in two days, what should have taken any mere mortal two weeks. Then, I stamped for an hour and a half at the post office to make sure that each and every one made it's way out of my house. Poor poor Malcolm. Poor poor post boxes.





Day 43-12 August 2009

Southern Summer Thunderstorm.

I was going to go lift weights and swim at the gym this afternoon... And then it started raining. Then I heard thunder. *BlAsT* No swimming for me. Then I sighed and got Mac ready for a muddy trip to the gym. I opened up my door, and then I laughed and closed it again. It's a good thing that I had already put on my swim suit. I knew what sort of storm this was! This is the kind where the streets flood, and your car gets swept away, and people are stuck at the gym, and I wasn't stupid enough to leave my house. So we went swimming at my house instead.




It was way more fun that way!






Day 44-13 August 2009

The smell of clean air!

The world smells new after an invigorating summer bath.

That makes it perfect for outdoor play time.

Thank goodness for the outdoors!









Day 45-14 August, 2009

Wrong Answer!

My son should not be able to do this!

My son should not be able to do this in .5 seconds!

My son should not be able to do this, turn on the t.v. and grab the pen in the .5 seconds it takes me to turn around!

TWICE!


Oh, and on a more serious note, I visited my best friend from grade school today. It's always hard for me to visit because of the nature of her disability (which she developed at the ripe old age of 20). I thought I would include a picture, and maybe at some point I will include a picture of her before the accident, but at any rate... It was good to visit. It had been too long since the last time, and really it hadn't been since I got sick. So, this was good for us. I need to make it a point to stop by more often.





Day 46-15 August 2009

Yard Sale #1

My in-laws garage is officially emptied out. The stuff is gone. The yard has saled... literally. It was fun to combine our forces. Melissa made a killing of kids stuff. It was well worth it!









Day 47-16 August, 2009

Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

How much water is a person supposed to drink per day, exactly? I site
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/water/NU00283
Drink as much as you need. I have come to terms with everyone's body being different. Before I became pregnant with Malcolm, I was always dehydrated. While I would hardly sweat, my loving husband would sweat buckets. While it's still pretty much that way, I have found that my body needs at least one of these suckers per day. This is my buddy. It travels with me everywhere. My own half gallon jug. On a really good day I can drink one by lunch, and another by bed. This is especially good on days I work out.... oh, I mean every day.
I mention this because we went to the park today. I forgot my water. I was thirsty. I was sad.






Day 48-17 August, 2009

Hot sand.

The summer is for the beach. Lots and lots of beach. Tim has finally caught the bug, and so we have been really enjoying the sun and the sand. The sand has been very hot lately, and the surf has been perfect. I like this shot. It reminds me of the time Tim's uncle Freddy walked into the house and saw Tim's flip flops laying by the front door. He asks, "Who put their surf boards out where anybody could trip over them?! Pendejo, tomalos surfboards." I thought it especially appropriate in context of the beach.

2 comments:

jen said...

I love love love the swimming at your house day. Oh the embarrasing photos to use for Malcolm later in life. ;) The pics are very cute and everytime I read your blog I remember how much I miss and heart you.

Our family said...

Kinder chocolates are awesome! Very popular in KZ. I'm so glad you were able to visit Melinda and know it means a lot to her. Whenever she gets visits from special friends like you she talks about it for weeks to come! =)