Saturday, August 29, 2009

There and Back again.

Day 59- 28 August, 2009

Paid my Dues.

Today I had my day in court. A month ago, I got a ticket for an expired registration. I had overlooked it. I don't suggest it. I felt like I was throwing money into a hole. I went to court for the offense, fully expecting to plead guilty, and ask very nicely for them to forgive me, as I had fixed it. After all the continuances, the guy pretending to be an illegal (like he only knew spanish, which I thought was amusing because the girl next to me said she totally went to junior high with his brother), who bytheway got off with something like $200 in fines (I paid half that) and was let go even though he entered the court in an orange jumper and chains around his ankles and wrists... but I digress... and then waited through all of the parking in a handicapped cases, and then finally got around to me bout 2 hours later. Well, by that time I worked it into my head that pleading innocent would be a good idea, and that I could just explain the address mixup and be let totally off since the judge was so nice. Nevermind that my plates expired in April and I only was "reminded" mid-July. So I was judged GUILTY. Because I had rectified my offense was told I would only need to pay half of the fee, plus court costs. I left feeling even GUILTIER because I had LIED and said that I wasn't guilty, when in fact I was totally wrong, and definitely deserved the ticket, and and and. I lose. I paid my dues. Thank goodness I had a nice judge and saved myself $40. While the latino entertainment was nice, I still walked away kicking myself in the pants. Why do we talk ourselves into lying? It's stupid! There is no point to it. We diminish our character, and accomplish nothing. I feel incredibly guilty of not only the crime I went in for, but the injustice to myself. I am a better person than that. I have no secrets. I am moral and upright in character, and pride myself in it. But, I let myself stoop to attempted thievery and LYING. I had already been caught. It's not like I am a 5 year old with my hand in the cookie jar. Good grief. Rant over. I am just mad at myself for lowering my standards over the justice system and trying to cheat justice. My little brother berated me for not paying before I went because I was guilty, and should pay my dues. I was wrong, so repent sort of reasoning. I am thoroughly chastened. Stupid court. I've paid my dues.

Side note: Love piano lessons. Love the Meddows. Love Jackson's new room (work in progress). Still love my inspiration for Mac's room (way better artwork than mine). Thought I'd shame myself even more by adding more amazingness. This is the mural in the two younger boys' room which Jackson is just moving out of. Love Love Love it.









Day 60- 29 August, 2009

Triathlon Fervor.

Definitely went crazy today. Took a picture of the praying mantis on my car before I left for the day. What a great sign!

Swam 1/2 mile at the Y with Tamara. Biked 13 1/2 miles at First Landing Park with Tamara. Ate yummy tropical smoothie with Tamara. Then went back to the gym by myself and lifted weights for an hour. I did talk myself out of running 7 miles. I totally could have done it, but I thought it would be overkill. First thing tomorrow I'm gonna beat the street. So, I didn't get pictures of any of the fun events of the day, or the cookies I made to treat myself with, but I did get my little prayer bug. I love this shot because I am in it in my entirety. I love the bubbled effect, and my angle. I love the reflection and the rain drops left over from the night before. And I love the little omen that my husband pointed out to me. I also saw a beautiful orb spider by the trashcan. Thank goodness for bad bug eaters.

2 comments:

jen said...

Everyone lies as much as they know they shouldn't. Even if it's just an exaggeration, people lie. I'm sorry you went through that. It sucks to be publicly caught in a lie.
The mural is awesome! Who painted it??
I heart you, MRS. Incredibly Awesome Workout Woman Who Kicks My Trash in Everything. I heart you.

heidigoseek said...

had a lot of fun tonight! the family is so much fun. you can tell they love to be together. that's nice. thanks for including us.