Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 61 - 30 August, 2009

Have a very merry unbirthday!

We celebrated Tim's birthday today, even though it's not actually for another couple of days. He really enjoyed the fish fry, and the cake his mother made. Family and friends made the occasion so much fun. Thank you everyone who participated.







Day 62 - 31 August 2009

Back to the Grindstone.

Back to school happened right when it needed to. I had the perfect summer. It was a great mixture of work and play. If I could have continued the trend, I would have been a very happy camper, but I need to work to support my loving family. I am blessed to have work in this political climate, especially with all of the hiring freezes, and crazy fixes to healthcare, and retirement. The world is going crazy. At least music is a release from the stresses of life. I am fortunate to love my job.





Day 63 - 1 September, 2009

Two road's diverged in a forgotten wood.

I am moving two classrooms this year. I am going to be exhausted by the end of the week, and it won't all get done, I have a feeling. I am leaving my old portable at southeastern, and am getting a newer prettier one. They will be ripping out my old one, and I won't have to deal with the asphalt pave-overs all over the place. There's only one small place with the new one. I am stoked, even though it makes more work for me right now.





Day 64 - 2 September, 2009

W is for Pool!

Wednesday is my big swimming day. 4:15, rise and shine. Pack my bags, and head to the Y. 5 a.m. swim, and since I am terribly slow, 2000 later I get out. I wish I had a swim partner. It makes it so much easier to workout when you have a buddy. I am glad to do triathlon's with a couple friends, but I don't have anyone crazy enough to wake up with me regularly. One of these days I'll be able to do a mile in a half hour, and then 3 miles in an hour and a half will be a breeze. One of these days...






Day 65 - 3 September, 2009

Prince Malcolm.

I took the big boy to work with me on Thursday so that Tim could help me in some of my moving. He was great in the morning. Of course, the one person that I wanted him to see couldn't stand it because he was very grumpy by the time we got there. Some people just can't handle a crying baby at the end of a work day. Thank goodness for patience. Me? Patience? What miracle happened for this to come about? After the nap, I did my running around for the second open house in a row. *sigh* Back to work in full force.








Day 66 - 4 September, 2009

Patience.

Pulling the trash cans in, I saw my old friend, the orb spider. My last friendly orb spider got smooshed by our neighbor, so I was happy to see a new one. It, of course, made me think of the virtue of patience. I had many moments in which to exercise said virtue this week. I love the neat moments in which I have to reflect on my life. So, I appreciate my little friend. Eat the icky bugs little spider.











Day 67 - 5 September, 2009

Triathlon season's end.

So, I not only cleaned house today, but Tamara and I went on a triathlon excursion followed by some yummy Red Robin. I am so tired. I know that my husband has prematurely announced my pregnancy with my first post-PPCM baby. Life will be interesting this year. I have forgotten how tiring growing a person can be. Especially a the beginning. So, 16 miles worth of movement can really burn a person out. I loved it. After I got sick, I became much more committed to fitness. It's hard to exercise when you're tired. E N E R G Y. E N E R G Y.

2 comments:

Our family said...

Kirsten--Congrats on the pregnancy! You are right, growing a baby IS tiring, which makes your efforts at continuing your fitness goals even MORE amazing! Awesome awesome girl!

jen said...

You are going to be awesome in your triatholon this sunday! Look at you, working, running around like crazy, working out like crazy, being an awesome mommy and wifey, all the while cooking a baby! You are my inspiration!Oh and I was going to say, I'll swim with you! But your slow is my fast. :(