Sunday, September 20, 2009

Stolen moments make great memories.

Day 77 - 15 September, 2009

The view from my front porch.

I love that when I work out in the morning, I have time in the afternoon to do fun things with my son. It's important to play outside everyday-or so I think. The only down side is that Malcolm still needs almost constant supervision so that he doesn't kill himself by either running into the street, eating something poisonous, climbing somewhere and falling, or any of the other dozen scenerios that I have played out in my mind. Since I like him very much, I go and watch him play. I like being a mom.





Day 78 - 16 September, 2009

This is what I do.

As I left for my cardiologist appointment today, I snapped a quick pic of one of the classes of my babies at school. This is a middle school shot, so these kids are a few years from being totally mine. But most of them started with me. I love that they are turning into good musicians. I love that I am good at what I do. I've figured out that the learning curve is 3-5 years of teaching something before being proficient. Thank goodness I am not as bad as I've been. I realized recently that my oldest students are Sophomore's in High School now. I am starting to feel old.




My cardiologist appointment was so good. I look forward to the time when I no longer need to go, as there are such painful memories for me there. I just need two more at the end of this pregnancy and after the baby comes, and then I am free! Because I refuse to let myself get sick again. I am grinning from ear to ear. Now if only I could convince everyone that I should do a homebirth and stay out of that terrible oppressive hospital. It won't happen this time, but if I can make this go perfectly, perhaps on baby three... *insert mischevious eyes here*

Bytheway, HAPPY MEXICAN INDEPENDENCE DAY!

We celebrated by driving by the beflagged Taco bell.

Yummy.





Day 79 - 17 September, 2009

Round peg in a square hole.

Malcolm is figuring out shapes. I love this! Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. So now he taps on the correct hole before inserting the shape because I would help him by tapping on the right one before he tried it.

This is our new favorite game. I love Fridays!

1 comment:

jen said...

taco bell? really? I KNOW ya'll can cook some awesome mexican food...sigh...;)
I love how proud you are of your babies from years before. Isn't awesome that you helped them become those great musicians? I think it's awesome.
Oh, and for all the numerous scenerios you've had for Malcolm..I am in the same boat. There's a reason why I won't let Edana walk next to the banisters at the mall.