Thursday, August 27, 2009

Marriage Tag

While I am looking for my pocket camera, which has most of my updates for the week, a friend of mine did this quiz, and I am playing copycat. Why not share a little bit about me. This is my online journal afterall.

1. Where did you meet your spouse for the first time?
We met at a party of a mutual friend. I don't remember seeing him there, and was there with someone else. Apparently he remembers me. What can I say, I leave a strong impression.

2. How long have you known your spouse?
10 years

3. How long did you date/court before you were engaged?
4 years. I needed to get my schooling under my belt first. Long distance relationships are a great test on whether or not something will work.

4. When is your engagement anniversary?
July 2002. Fireworks, the beach. Thousands of people listening.

5. When is your marriage anniversary?
We have a few ;-) Two for us, and one to share. 28 June, 2003.

6. What is your spouse's full name?
Timothy James Banks

7. Do you have any children?
Yes, a 1 1/2 year old /Malcolm.

8.Do you have any housepets?
No. We keep thinking about a dog, but not now. They are too expensive. In a few years.

9. Do you own a house or rent?
We own our home, and love it.

10. Do you live in the country or town/city?
I guess it's considered the city...

11.What is one of your favorite activities to do together?
Right now it's the beach, in the fall it'll be sitting around a campfire, in the winter it'll be cuddling, and in the spring, it'll be the botanical gardens!

12.Do you have a favorite vacation spot?
We have a couple. El Paso Texas, the Appalachian mountains, and The mountains in California. I love that we don't need a vacation for the beach.

13. How many siblings?
I have 2 brothers, he has 1 sister.

14. What church do you attend?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.

15.Is this the church you were married in?
The DC temple... so yes. That's the one we're most proud of, but The one where everyone celebrates was on the beach.

16. What town is your current address in?
Norfolk, VA

17.Do you work or stay at home?
Right now I work full time, with summers off. If we decide on more than 2 children, I may need to take a few years off. We'll see how that works. One thing at a time, I am getting ahead of myself.

18.Where did you go on your honeymoon?
that winter Tim learned to ski in Tahoe. We consider that our honeymoon, and it has a special place in our heart.

19.Leave a piece of advice for other couples.
Work together, and remember that your spouse loves you. He's not out to get you, and is doing the best he knows. Just like you are.

No comments: