Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fish, Friends, and Foes

Day 52- 21 August, 2009

Errands are so boring to blog about.

I went here, I went there, I bought this, I dropped off that.

I took this photo because this is what my son's snacks look like on errand days.

I am a terrible mom.

But, there are worst things than goldfish.





Day 53- 22 August 2009

Yard Sale #2.

I am formally apologizing to Jenora for the horrendous yard sale. Generally speaking, we get a decent turn out in Norfolk. At least the 2 times I have done it. But, NO ONE was driving down Hampton Blvd, and hardly anyone drove by- Despite our great organiztional effort. We had a few hours to commiserate, and enjoyed each other's company a lot. The boys... well, this photo sums it up. They were happy the last 10 miuntes though. I should have let them play with the weebles from the beginning.





Day 54- 23 August, 2009

Bill is off the coast.

We decided to brave the waves, in spite of the red flag. As you can see, the waves came up pretty high, and we were somewhat swept away. They were much taller than Tim, who got tossed about a fair bit. I have not seen that many surfers out in quite some time. We decied to leave after about an hour. As much fun as it would have been if it were the two of us, Malcolm wanted to swim. Not in that water he wasn't. And, I was worried about losing all of our stuff. Every time we drug our towel up the shore, the water caught us.





Day 55- 24 August, 2009

Take two.

The water was much calmer on Monday. And, we drug the Haines along with us. We were still a little worried about the kids because the current was so strong, but they did swimmingly. (haha, get it?!) They also enjoyed burying each other in the sand. This is my favorite shot. Preston's bum, immortalized.





Day 56- 25 August 2009

Photo Album.

So many things have made me think of my marriage lately. Not the least of which is my brother's own wedding. My mother handmade our entire wedding album, and has offered to do the same for my brother. She asked e to take a photo of the stitching she did on the front, so as to duplicate it for theirs. I don't know why the photo won't rotate, and am too lazy to try and figure it out right now, but it is still beautiful. I love my album.





Day 57- 26 August, 2009

Two are better than one.

He had to have the spoon, and would not part from the fork. He needed each hand to be occupied. Obviously this is the way yogurt is meant to be eaten. Obviously, mom.









Day 58- 27 August, 2009

His and Hers.

While Tim was out playing computer doctor to one of our friends, I was giving Malcolm a bath. The towels hanging up were a wedding gift, and it made me smile. I love our set. I love my man. I love that we have been together for about a decade. But I hate it when he uses my towel.

1 comment:

Tim said...

You used to take my clothes because they smelled like me. I take your towels for the same reason.