Sunday, November 1, 2009

Rushing into a Spooktacular Season

Day 117 - 24 October, 2009

Fall Colors.

Malcolm needed some 18 month photos, and I thought I should capture some good ones before he turned 19 months. I love the yellows in this photo. Outdoor foliage always makes for fantastic photographs, or so I think. There is not much of a better background.

I really enjoyed the part where he began to tackle his teddy bear, and play "BOOM" with him.

Where did I get such a photogenic kid from?







Day 118 - 25 October, 2009

One Year Older.

So, as scary things go, my sister-in-law turned 39 this day. When they arrived back in from a trip, we had the mandatory cake and ice cream. I am not sure whether or not you can get the full effect of the glaring of 39 candles on a cake from this angle, but let me tell you; it was a sight to behold.

She enjoyed endless ribbing about her age from Tim, all night long.

Heaven help her for next year.









Day 119 - 26 October, 2009

Family Home Evening.

I love it when we have actual organized events for family home evening. Monday nights just don't feel quite right when we just lay around "as a family".

Granted, we are spending quality time, and haven't had the energy as of late to do anything fun, but hopefully we broke the laziness trend.

This time of year begets Pumpkin carving, and it was soooooo fun to share it with our friends the Mitchells. My tree turned out fairly well, and Tim did a cute Jack-o-lantern, as per the norm. Malcolm even drew all over his pie pumpkin... it'll be fun to cook up next week!


Day 120 - 27 October, 2009

Trapped!

The next step in scare week is how to trap and torture toddlers. The answer seems to be to leave them on their own.

As I was cooking dinner, I heard this poor schmo wailing on the other side of the baby gate. As it turned out, he had gotten himself into this predicament. It also turned out that it was not so pitiful as it seemed, because after I ran and grabbed my camera, and laughed a lot, he gave up on my rescue, and got himself out.



Day 121 - 28 October, 2009

Halloween Spooktacular!

Every year at the middle school I help at on Wednesdays, I get charged with help setting up for the Halloween concert.

The decorating itself has turned into a beast, but it is a REALLY good time.

This is one of the cooler concert ideas that I have stumbled upon.

This is a terrible shot of Nancy, but a decent shot of the cobwebs behind her. I was too busy dangling from the ceiling to set up creepy stuff to take any decent shots.

1 comment:

jen said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the Halloween shots!