Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One more month of fall.

Day 131 - 7 November, 2009

Turkey Dinner

This is the time of year when turkeys go on sale. We generally try to get about 3 turkeys. One for before Thanksgiving, one for Thanksgiving, and one just to have around afterward. It's hard to beat 25-50 cents per pound any other time of year. If we had a deep freezer, there would be more.

We like to invite friends over, because we get large turkeys, and the Haines indulged us. Malcolm loves to play with other kids. Can you tell?

We love to play with their parents.



Day 132 - 8 November, 2009


The Sabbath

I look forward to the new year, when we have 9 a.m. church. Yes, I said it.

Afternoon church sucks for a toddler's bedtime, and while I love holding a screaming toddler for a half hour until he falls asleep during sacrament meeting (in the mother's lounge of course), I would much rather listen to the service.

This is the foyer. This is where I spend a lot of my time on Sundays. I thought it deserved a place in time.


Day 133 - 9 November, 2009

FHE Photos

We visited our beloved Botanical Gardens to do our Christmas card photos. It was fun to walk around on a nice crisp fall day. It's hard to believe we're already thinking about Christmas, and the leaves have only begun to change.

Malcolm had a ton of fun headbutting flowers. When Tim stopped to smell the roses (literally) Mac thought it was all in good fun. So it most definitely made my photo of the day.

The runner up made my desktop, though not the card.

3 comments:

Daniel and Karen said...

I couldn't agree with you more about 9am church! Going from 3pm to 9am is going to be a huge, wonderful change!! Your pictures from the Botanical garden are great!

jen said...

AWW! I love the fhe pic! You are so good. I have even considered family pics for christmas cards...or even christmas cards...dang...maybe I'll just send a pic of larry wrestling a gator?

Jacquie Six said...

Kirsten someone told me this week that they are getting rid of a deep freeze, a fridge/freezer and a microwave. If I can track it down would you be interested in another freezer?