Saturday, November 14, 2009

An eventful week off

Day 134 - 10 November, 2009

Lazy Afternoon

I have been exhausted after working so hard to get things in order at work. While I am mostly done, I had fully expected to finish up on Friday. Little did I know the coming events. But, I am so grateful for my lazy afternoon. After some well deserved time at the pool with Mac, we curled up on the couch. I am a little worried about my friend Olivia, but she seems to be ok right now.





Day 135 - 11 November, 2009

Work of art

I am so pleased with myself. We went and hung out with Tim's sister, and her family on this rainy Veteran's day. I was glad Tim had the day off, and almost enjoyed sitting on my butt all day, but I tend to get stir crazy real quick. Especially when they almost tried to make me watch Patton. Not gonna happen. Any guesses what this masterpiece is a picture of? I am so proud of my photo of the day, unaltered.

Here's the still version of a similar shot.

Rainy lights, traveling in the car, on the way home.

I think I want to blow that one up and mount it on my wall!

It even looks like a road.





Day 137 - 12 November, 2009

Let the flooding begin

School is canceled, and I couldn't be happier. We don't have to make it up, and I get day to do all the stuff I didn't get to on my day off. Tim was an idiot, and went to work. When he got back after high tide, at 2 a.m. the flooding had reached new heights. This is not a river, it's our adjoining street. ie, the entrance to our street. So, he swam home after parking further down. Notice how the water goes up to that house.



Day 138 - 13 November, 2009

November Nor'easter

Because the water is so deep, I guess this poor schmuck thought it would be smarter to park on the sidewalk.

Mac and I enjoyed our walk around the carnage today.

Note: Trees are down because the soil is so soft from all the rain.

Note to Self: Do not park in any sinking mud-pits.

No comments: