Sunday, January 18, 2009

To Tahoe we will go!

Oh,

the joys of travel. We enjoy it so, especially when we have 4 wheel drive and snow tires.

It was a frigid 4 degrees outside, and let me tell you, sitting on an outdoor toilet at that climate makes for a quick stop. The snow was so high, at our stop that my dad was extolling the virtues of snow camping, and under snow tunnels and forts. It looked like fun to me, but I'm not sure














my mom would have taken the bait. But we still enjoyed the travel. I know that it's hard to see Mac in the picture in front of the snow bank because he's camouflaged, but trust me, he is living it up in his snow suit!
Once at the cabin, Malcolm's first discovery was the radio, which he was quick to turn on and turn all the way up so he could dance. I could not believe that he figured out the CD player so fast. My child is incredible, and way to smart. So, every night we took turns watching what mischief he could discover, and getting in the hot tub which was outside. That's right, you heard me, we made the trek into 0 degree weather just for some steamy fun, and oh was it worth it.














So, the next day was skiing, and fun lodge time with the baby, I think that the pictures speak for themselves...
























































We also enjoyed taking Malcolm for a spin in the sled, and building mini-snowmen everywhere.





































We had so much fun this trip, and we played and played for days. But, by the time we left Malcolm was a pro at travel, and aside from our flight being delayed, and then our bags not meeting us on the return trip, I think that all and all, this was one of our best trips EVER.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun photo story! I loved it. Malcom looks so cute on that sled with those big, red cheeks. I'm jealous--I want to play in the snow, too!

jen said...

Kirsten, I love your pictures. Seriously, you should start your own photo journalism or something...i guess technically that's what blogging is though, huh.
I wish I could have joined all the fun! To watch smart malcolm figure out the music all by himself(you and tim must be so proud!) and skiing with ya'll. :( I miss you guys.
Happy Holidays! Banks style!