Saturday, January 24, 2009

My Camera, My Friend





So, I need to test the limits of my new toy, and what better subject than the cutest baby in the entire world?
I of course messed with the settings, settling upon a few favorites. I highly enjoy the natural light and raw settings, although I have yet to perfect the use of the white light filter.
I must admit that I am a bit bummed with my monochromatic filters.




I would so love to allow accent colors into the photo because I am abysmal at post-editing as of now. However, I do like that I can adjust sharpness, contrast, tint, and filters (without actually have filters), with the digital settings.




























I am also quite fond of the settings for portraits, landscapes, etc.





Since, Mac is way better than grass, I chose to play with color settings and flash versus natural lighting. All in all, I am quite pleased with my clingy little subject.

If I only had a working tripod and remote, then life would be... well, full of thousands more pictures.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yup, he's the cutest baby ever. DUH.