Sunday, February 28, 2010

Long two weeks

Day 237 - 15 February, 2010

DNA Testing

I am now a test subject. I swabbed my cheeks. I sent in the packet. I released my medical information. Anything I can do to help perpartum cardiomyopathy research. I am not sure that they will find anything important from my information, but if it will help someone in the future not to have to deal with what I did, well, then I am all for it.









Day 238 - 16 February, 2010

Normal wear and tear

I submitted a claim for some wear and tear on our vinyl seats in the Mazda. I also have to take some photos of the exterior and submita claim for that as well. I hope that the environmental package pays off, and they replace the damaged parts for free. I am a big fan of that. But, I know that warranties can be a little bit of a scam, so I am not holding my breath.








Day 239 - 17 February, 2010

A silly book

This last bit of having a student teacher has been fabulous, as my work is all caught up and finished, and she has taken over my classes. I have also been able to catch up on some personal work, and some leisure reading. Particularly from my favorite satirical fantasy writer. This is a silly book.









Day 240 - 18 February, 2010

Glasses

Why Malcolm wanted his sunglasses, I do not know.

But he wore them on his head while he watched t.v.

I wasn't going to say no if it made him happy.








Day 241 - 19 February, 2010

Quick trip

I know it is not yet spring, but it had been a while since we went to the Botanical Gardens. Since it is our favorite springtime haunt, and I had a free afternoon, I thought that we might enjoy an adventure out and about. Though a little chilly, we enjoyed the park, and some of the playground equipment. I was thrilled when the trolley stopped by on its way to the parking lot, and Mac loved going for a ride.




.



Day 242 - 20 February, 2010

Dry Weather

After months of drier weather, my son's lips have been getting pretty chapped. He's been picking at them too, which only makes matters worse. He's actually pulled at them until they bleed. So, we have started treating them every chance we get. Now he's even started asking for the "lip lotion"









Day 243 - 21 February, 2010

The great outdoors

The trees are still bare, and we have one more months until spring, but it is still invigorating to get outside. Playing on the slide and swings at the park with my family was definitely an afternoon well spent. Though everyone is exhausted, we really enjoyed the fresh air. I would always rather be outdoors.

Day 244- 22 February, 2010

Service

Tim was asked to help a couple with their computer, and they offered dinner as payment. We, of course, tried our best to help them out (actually Tim did that, I just sat around). But, this meant that we could play with the cool hoops that they have in their living room. How many could YOU get in 5 minutes?





Day 245 - 23 February, 2010

American Idol

I am still not sure what I think of Ellen as an Idol judge. I love Kara, because she's a musician. Randy is too, so some things he says make sense. I know that Simon and Ellen are in showbiz, so they have valid things to say, but some of the comments kill me. "Authentic" what the heck are they talking about?! You mean "being true to yourself"?! Just say that. And sometimes I think that they are deaf. They need to spend some time in my classroom.


Day 246 - 24 February, 2010

Happy Birthday to me

My student teacher remembered that it was my birthday, and she got me flowers. This was probably one of the highlights of my day. I LOVED them, and since the rest of the day... well... was mostly the same old, same old... There was not a lot of excitement. Just another lonely day.









Day 247 - 25 February 2010

Pregnancy Photos

I really wanted to get some good shots of me pregnant, and would have loved to get Malcolm in them. None of them turned out well, obviously. But, I still have 2 months to nab a btter shot. Not to mention, I'll only be getting bigger.












Day 248 - 26 February, 2010

Chili cookoff

We have an annual chili cookoff at our church. Tim won "hottest" chili, as always. He also dove face first into some pie. The sister missionary beat him at the contest. But he still got dirty.











Day 249 - 27 February, 2010

Happy 2 years!

Baby James is turning two years old on the 1st of March, so we had cake and ice cream for him at my sister-in-law's house. He is her son, after all. The spiderman cake is cute. Thank you Wal-mart.





Day 250 - 28 February, 2010

The blogging front

Another boring screen shot, I know. But, thiks is a photo of me blogging. I forgot to take a picture of games, but we had a bunch of people over to play the game I got for my birthday, and some good old fashioned, BANG! Man, was this a good time. I think we may have to start having people over every other Sunday, or so, for games. It made my day.

2 comments:

Casey said...

Tell Tim congrats! My dad won hottest here in MO. I have no idea what people do to make chili so hot..all I know is that I stay away from it. Haha! && I'm so glad to hear that you are doing great! Good luck with Baby Aubrey. :)

jen said...

AWw. I miss reading these. Yeah for sick days so i can catch up. I'm sorry for your lonely birthday. Hopefully I can make that up in June! Woohoo! I liked the pregnacy pics, so you should post up the others.
I agree with you on Ellen being a judge. and I LIKe ELLEN! So strange. Maybe I should find ways to make a million people laugh, then I can be on American Idol as a judge.