Sunday, March 14, 2010

Enlightenment

Day 251 - 1 March, 2010

Ice Cream Cake

My husband is so thoughtful. Though there really was no celebrating my birthdy this year, though the phone calls from family were nice, my husband felt a little guilty that I had been forgotten, and got me my very own coldstone cake. Isn't it beautiful?! It tasted fabulous too! I am so grateful he thought of me, especially since I have been a little difficult to live with lately. Not that we spend much time together anyway. Not that I am am complaining... It's a blessin that he even has work... So! Anyway, love cake, love husband, totally makes up for a neglected birthday!




Day 252 - 2 March, 2010

I must be pregnant

I got my first baby girl gift on Tuesday! Isn't it adorable?! I just know that this is going to spark some serious nesting, I can already feel it in my bones. I cannot believe that I am having my girl... 2 months, give or take, is going to sneak up so quickly!









Day 253 - 3 March, 2010

Tuckered out

Wednesday can be a long day. It is the longest day that Malcolm stays with the Stricklands, and out of our care. While he does really well there, and loves the girls, it is a full day for everyone. He insisted on watching t.v. while I made dinner, but couldn't make himself sit up.




Day 254 - 4 March, 2010

Concert #1

I put on the first concert of the season at S.E.E. on Thursday evening. The kids did pretty well! I am grateful that I've had a student teacher to prepare them for this. It has helped me reaffirm that I am pretty good at what I do, and thank goodness for that. It was, all in all, a successful event. I even got flowers!








Day 255 - 5 March, 2010

The power of words

Since I had a little free time, and Malcolm wants to go play on the "snide" nearly every day, I caved and took him. Imagine my surprise to find that our neighborhood slide had been repainted. However considerate it may be, I must say that I had a brief chuckle. Oh to be a teenager again, without a senseable thought in my head.


Day 256 - 6 March, 2010

Deep fried what?!

A few times a year, we enjoy deep fried festivities. This is generally connected with some sot of UFC fight, though that is not mandatory. It was wonderful to just spend time with friends, and enjoy the cadbury eggs, oatmeal cakes, cookie dough, and plethora of other deep fried treats.

Day 257 - 7 March, 2010

How Comic

We had such a fabulous Sabbath today! Routine really does make the world a better place. Things get done easier, everyone is in a better mood, Malcolm is much better behaved. This morning was terribly vute. On the way to church I was reading the Sunday paper, and as I finished with one section of the comics, I handed it to him. "Thank YOU momma!" he replied graciously. Then he told me all about some dog in the comic strip. He was very concerned about what was going on. I was so surprised on his grasp of this concept, though I don't know why. He loves to read.

No comments: