Sunday, November 28, 2010

This little piggy

having a girl...
Up til now, aside from the pink, there hasn't been much of a difference between having a girl baby and a boy baby. I have fallen in love with both of my children. We play, they cry, they eat, they sleep. I have to teach them everything from nothing. We play, and we laugh. They grow up and up and up. I suppose that the toys will be different. At some point there will be dolls instead of trucks, but for right now it is still chew toys... Yes I said chew toys not teething rings. Next it will be blocks, and learning games.




But what hit me was pig tails. How silly is that? It's so unfair. Boys get the lustrous eyelashes, and cute curls... Look back at photos of my son at 6 months, and you will see it full fold. Girls get 'em short. Don't get me wrong, she is a beautiful girl. But, she has my hair, no doubt about it. Thank you Cherokee heritage. Who knows what mix my son inherited. Anyway, the point is: PIGTAILS! I have a little girl! I won't be tempted to cut her hair by 9 months. I won't groan that she's cooed over and called beautiful. My son is a beautiful child, but so is this little gem. Her hair can finally make pig tails. What a cute little piggy.

1 comment:

Casey said...

She is so beautiful for sure. Every time I see a picture of her I always smile because she looks like a Goddess. :)