Monday, November 1, 2010

Pumpkins

I was originally going to hit the farmer's market this year because I had been put off the pumpkin patch for multiple reasons. So, a friend told me about the deal she had gotten on some pumpkins at the nearest grocer, and who am I to pass up a deal?

Malcolm was convinced that we couldn't get him a big pumpkin because it was just too big, so he talked me into two pie pumpkins. It didn't take too much prodding. I make a killer pumpkin pie.




Anyway, a long story short, I ended up carving my two big ones at a friend's house, which I think I already elaborated on in another post. I have some lovely before, during, and after photos.







Aubrey tried to pick hers up.

















Malcolm colored on his with markers.





















I carved a jack-o-lantern for Tim.


I carved something only slightly more intricate for me.






I did it all in a half hour, and only stabbed myself once.

















They look so sweet on our front porch. I love our darling little house. It's hard to believe things are already changing so much.



1 comment:

jen said...

Aww! Pumpkin carving! Remember our pumpkin carving night, oh so long ago. I love that you carved the plain ol' jack o lantern for Tim. I remember you and him debating about pumpkin carving. I miss you. I say that alot on these comments, but I really do.And Larry comments, "Oh my gosh. He is getting so big!" to Malcolm.