Sunday, May 10, 2009

I win the prize!

So, anyone who knows me, knows that this time of year is always crazy busy. The storm before the calm... if there is such a thing. Well, there have been some perks to distract me from the end of the years concert wind down.


First and foremost, I won! I never win anything, I am just one of those people, but I won! This week was teacher appreciation week. I often get overlooked because I am itinerant, and only make an appearance at each of the schools at which I teach. This does not diminish the job I do, but it sure makes me forgettable unless it is showtime, or there's a complaint.


Well, this week, I had 2 students bring me something, which is so sweet! Out of 300 students you would think I would feel slighted, but remember, I am often forgotten. 2 is actually a lot for me. I also had a parent bring me a lunch this week. I was so excited! It turns out that I don't even teach her child, but she found out I am LDS, and it turns out that I know her parents from one of the wards in our stake. Our community is a small one!


Then, to top all, on Friday, I won the big prize for the PTA gift drawings for teachers. I wonder how they knew I was doing a lot of gardening now. You have no idea how excited I am. The often-forgotten thankless job, has seemed very rewarding this week. Not only have I been well remembered, but I received the compliment of a lifetime at my first concert of the season on monday from a grandparent.


I must be doing something right. In fact, that seems to be my life lately. Tim's job seems to be working out well. He's been promoted, and though we don't see each other as much with the shift change, it should turn out better for our family. I am running like a champ, and getting back into the swimming groove. I've even started spinning classes to figure out what the heck I need to do on a bicycle.


My son (whom my world seems to revolve around) is getting smarter every day, not to mention bigger. We put his big kid car seat in the car, and he loves the box.


Though there's been a ton to keep us busy with our normal schedules, we're still trying to find time to get our garden set up, crop the canopy of our trees in the back, and get the new roof on. Summer will make things a little easier since I can get a lot done during the day. But, until then... I am smack dab in the middle of my hectic life/trying not to have too much fun.

1 comment:

Sue Overturf said...

Kirsten,

Your grandmother Jean came by this morning. I was able to access your Blog so she could view all the pics of the great grandson. We enjoyed all his antics. You look fab as always.
Sue O