Saturday, May 16, 2009

Building Blocks

I feel like I am Building Bridges to future generations.
I can either be closed off, and separate myself from my posterity, or I can open the way for social interation, and love so that I am not only close to my son, but that through him I am close to his children and theirs. I have had the experience in my family to be closed off from my mother's side. Disowned, and misunderstood, in many different ways. I am grateful for the negative experiences, so that I have the knowledge that it's important not to alienate, but to provide the love and understanding that is needed to build relationships. I find myself listening alot, even though he's just over one.
It's easy to close off, and get on the computer (like I am now), or go out and do my own thing, leaving my son with someone else.
But, he also makes it incredibly easy to talk to him. He craves social interaction. I think it's more important to take a break from the housework, which can mostly be done during naptime, or check my e-mail some other time, so that he gets what he needs.

And what he needs is fun, and experience, and I love the experience.

I know you're probably sick of hearing about Malcolm, but my family is my life, and much more interesting than work, or working out. So, go play!

2 comments:

Casey said...

He is so cute!!! I hope I can be a mom like you someday.

jen said...

I love the cute pics and the thought. I really want to be close to Edana as well and have really thought about the conversation we kind of had about this while I was at the airport with her. Thankyou, my friend, for giving me these things to consider and work towards.