Sunday, May 10, 2009

A day like any other

Last night Tim and I got to go on a date, a la the Mitchells who watched our beautiful baby while we nerded it out with Star Trek. I give it rave reviews bytheway.

So, It's Mother's Day. I had almost forgotten until church. The Relief Society sang a beautiful hymn, and the kids were so cute singing their songs. My letters to my mother and grandmother have long since been in the mail, and so, it had almost slipped my mind.

I am grateful for church to remind me of the important things in life. I am grateful for the strong women in my life who have given so much. My mother, grandmother, and mother-in-law are my closest living influences, and they are are so giving and wonderful. I hope that they treat themselves a little today.

I have no memorable tribute to write, but that does not lessen my gratitude.

Tim and I try to do for the people in our lives, but tend not to do anything at home for each other (a tradition that probably springs from starting very poor) on these hallmark occasions. Nonetheless, our family is grateful for the legacy left us, we have been given much.

No comments: