Friday, July 18, 2008

Life in Ghent

My little family has become spoiled for Ghent. We have been house-sitting for our friends the Haines, and everything is so close and convenient to us here. The added living space is nice too, but this really is the life. Of course, I have post-poned going through my garage to relax a little this summer... But life is good.




More pool time and play time is resulting in a more tan and more active little baby. I fear that he will be crawling, and perhaps walking before too long. He's discovered how cute his feet are, so that must be the next step.
Can I also say that he is getting HUGE?! His appointment is coming up, but my scale shows that he is at least 18 pounds. What 4 month old (not quite) weighs that much? So I have been car seat shopping. These are the delights of motherhood.

Compared to his cousin James, it looks like he's been eating for twins!

Oh, and I have decided that I will join my friend Sarah in her half-marathon fervor, though my PPCM will probably force me to walk half, I am glad to be on the slow road to getting back in shape. I thank Jen Eyring and Marie Peterson for their inspiring actions in this venue. Hopefully I will be fit for a triathlon come spring. Tamara better whip me into biking shape!

But here in Ghent my days are being spent basking in the sun, and watching the cars go by. Aah, who has time to go work out on days like this?

No comments: