Sunday, July 6, 2008

Independance Day

So, I have been enjoying my summer vacation.
I love being able to spend time with my family and I love the time I get to spend outdoors... Alas, the fall is fast approaching to rob me of the precious moments I So, I have a feeling I will finally know about the "juggling act" so many moms have to do to make a home. Don't get me wrong, I love my job too, but there is something about being a mom that has captured my heart (literally apparently). But for now, I spend the moments loving my family, and playing with Malcolm, who is fast becoming my favorite toy.







Pool Time has long been a personal favorite. Tim hates that I want to take photos every time that we go. I have to get my photography fix somehow, and I am a big fan of catching every moment on film. I finally got a decent pool shot with Malcolm and me. Tim just doesn't understand that I am so bad at self shots that I need to take a million just to get the perfect one.

Tim and Malcolm are so easy to shoot. It's their natural beauty I guess... Maybe their devilish good looks?

No, I am just that good with a point and click camera! But, in all
seriousness, we had a blast at the outdoor pool. Malcolm is so good in the water, and Tim is becoming a much better swimmer. He asserts that the only point in swimming is to keep from drowning, to escape angry bees, or to take the enemy by surprise... Oh is he missing out on a good time. I think he just looks cute in a swim suit.





So these are two of the men in my life, on a hot summer's day. Aren't they handsome?

So, with all of this summer fun, we much stop for fireworks. And what better occasion to use fireworks, or to watch the illegal use of fireworks, than our nation's celebration of independace from Britain?! So, though Tim had to work, I was so happy to spend the time with family, and to dress my favorite toy up in patriotic colors. Oh, and did I mention that I was a big enough geek that I coordinated scarves?


I love being able to play. dress up. Who would have thought that I haven't outgrown it?


No comments: