Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shopping Sensation


I have slowly been getting very serious about my couponing. We need to save money, and can only budget about $50 a week for food right now. I know that is a lot, but it includes cleaning supplies, diapers, and toiletries.

Well, I had a sort of couponing revelation, followed bby a big boo boo trip, proving that I am by far, not a pro at this.

The exciting news? Guess how much I spent on: Pullups-Retail $11.99, Schick Disposable razors-Retail $4.99, Off!-Retail-$5.99, Tweezers-Retail $3.99, Snickers and Twix-On Sale $1 each.
Your Guess? Here's the bill. Tim was a total spoil sport and guessed $1.50. Totally ruined my excitement.
Total price Paid-$1.93 !!!!

This makes my best shopping trip ever. I need to make this a much more regular thing. I got over zealous and overspent on my next trip, but if I can replicate this magic, then I will be a very happy mama. I generally save anywhere from 1/2 to 2/3 off of my shopping bills, but I have been making a few discoveries, and am feeling quite liberated.

Now if only I could find my cell phone... Anyone see it on the road or in the parking lots of Walgreens and Rite Aid at Wards Corner?

No comments: