Sunday, September 5, 2010

Birthday Bash

Let me preface by saying, I can cook.






Given the opportunity, I am awesome at it.






I wanted Tim's 35th familial celebration to be fun, and that means good food. The burgers were awesome, the corn was great, the pasta salad his mom brought was excellent as always... Now, the cake. I make this delectable strawberry cake every year.

Yum.




I told Tim that he needs to stop at 35, because it was a bear trying to fit all of these candles on it.
His solution was to make a sheet cake. I don't think so. The store was out of the number 5, and this should have been way more fun, except that we almost had little nubs by the time we finished lighting one side of the cake. (not really, but it sounds good in retelling)






In reality, the heat coming off this thing was enough to make you want to seek out a bomb shelter.
















Malcolm still has trouble sharing his things, but the boys began to play nicely together about halfway through the evening.







Of course, everyone wanted to play pass the baby, and she made her way through everybody.































Did I mention that there was football on t.v.?






It would have been the perfect day to sit outside, but I forgot that 'tis the season to watch as many football games as possible.


I also got photos of the kids.

Ganya wanted pictures of them all together. This is no easy feat, bytheway. These are the best I could do.










2 comments:

The Mountain Shadow's Ladies said...

OOoh. The strawberry jello cake. Yummmmm. Yes you can cook. I have yet to figure out what in the world you do to your chess pie and chicken dumpling soup to make it soooo good.
Happy birthday to Tim. And I love the kiddum pictures. I can't believe how big they are all getting! Even little Aubrey has grown so much!!

jen said...

oops. That last comment was me. Signed in as the wrong account.