Saturday, August 20, 2011

March Half Marathon

Right now it is so hard for me to think that in March I could run 13 miles.  Not just that I could, but that I did... in a race... and passed people... and talked and sang the whole time...  Serious fun.  Oh Virginia, how flat you were.  How I utilized the Y.  Here there are hills (WHAT?!) and there is heat (not so bad in the mornings) and there is a freaking huge stroller with two huge children that I push up those freaking hills (UGH!!!) not to mention that I have to unpack.  So... let's assume that I am out of running shape, shall we?
But the Shamrock was still so much fun.  Tamara and Russell were a blast to run with.  I felt bad that Tamara's leg was bothering her half the run, but we still ran it in an easy 2.5 hours.  Considering my first ever half was 2 hours 10 minutes, I would say not too shabby.  It was a blast.  So was the after bath.

No comments: